We want your participation in the Langar Sewa, and we would like you to sponsor a langar. If you have any questions, please contact Kuldeep K. Dhaliwal – (704) 201-5698.
Please note: All Langar-related expenses and donations to the Gurdwara are tax deductible. Gurdwara Sahib, being a non-profit charitable organization, is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Please note also that the family or individual who sponsors a langar is responsible for buying groceries. If you need guidance or assistance regarding the langar process, feel free to call Kuldeep or other members of the Langar Committee. Fill out the form below, and please note down the Grocery List and the following Guidelines for Langar Sewa.
Login to create a new event.
Guidelines for Langar Sewa
ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਛਤੀਹ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਖਾਹਿ II
ਤਿਸੁ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਉ ਰਖੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ॥
Please follow these guidelines for the Langar Sewa:
1. Keep your head covered and hair tied when cooking or helping in the kitchen and serving.
2. Wash hands with soap before cooking and helping in the kitchen.
3. Wear the slippers provided by the gurdwara when cooking or helping in the kitchen, and do not wear these slippers to the bathroom.
4. Do not wear your regular shoes in the kitchen.
5. Keep the kitchen floor clean, and dry any wet spills when they happen to avoid any slips and falls.
6. Do not remove any utensils from the kitchen without informing the Langar Committee.
7. If you need any help in cooking or with how much to buy to cook, ask any member of the Langar Committee in advance.
8. It is the responsibility of the person/family who is doing the langar that they leave the kitchen clean. Only on Sundays we get the services of a cleaning crew to wash utensils and clean the kitchen; and the cost for the service is $100. On other days this sewa is done by volunteers.
9. In case it is caterers using the facility to provide langar for an event, it is the host’s responsibility to make sure that they leave the area (the kitchen and the langar hall) clean and no kitchenware misplaced or missing.
10. No personal cooking for home use in the Gurdwara Kitchen is allowed.
11. Make sure that every sangat member is served food with respect and love. If any person wants to take food for their loved ones at home, they should wait until all sangat and sewadars have finished eating.
12. Langar calendar: If you wish to sponsor a langar, write your name and telephone number in the empty date slot on the langar calendar. Please do not add or delete any name without the knowledge of the person who has taken the langar sewa for that date.
A reminder to everybody: It is every member’s duty to help keep the Gurdwara and kitchen clean and safe.
Thanks for following these guidelines!